Ceramic and Life Casting Workshops in Hastings
- I have worked as a ceramic artist and teacher for over 25 years, and my workshops are built around the techniques I myself use and adore. I do not use the potter’s wheel as I prefer hand building and press moulding.
- I offer One to One and One to Two tuition and I am happy to show you any techniques you may need to produce your own, unique work.
- Create fabulous ceramic sculptures using simple hand building techniques
- Make beautiful and unique bowls without a potters’ wheel
- Glaze and smoke fire your sculpture
- Try out techniques developed by working artists…and let me fire your imagination!
- Residential workshops now available via Airbnb
‘What a wonderful experience. Working together was such a rich experience. Instinctively we where working all together. Like a team that have been working for years. I want to thank you for this training. And also want to thank Christine for her patience and presence.
A training that i recommand for all ceramists who wants to increase their skills with a fantastic skilled teacher.’
Ignace Cloquet, Belgum
‘Working with Anna has given me the self confidence to be creative. For the first time in my life I feel that I can create something worthwhile. Also, her workshops are entertaining !’
Andrew Cartwright, Hastings
One to One Ceramic Experiences
Celebrate the birth of a new baby by creating a unique christening bowl, or make something beautiful to commemorate a wedding or a funeral.
A ceramic wedding cake? A beautiful ashes casket? Perhaps you already have an idea of what you would like to make, but need someone to help you with materials and firings…
If you are new to ceramics, then perhaps you would be happy to allow me to show you a few of my favourite techniques how to create a vessel or a sculpture to get you started?
I find that a session of 3 hours covers a lot of ground, there is time to make a bowl or two and perhaps a small sculpture.
But it is really down to what you would like to achieve.
Please contact me here to discuss your plans!
I charge £25/hour and this includes all materials, kiln firings and refreshments.
You will have to come back for a second session if you would like to glaze your work once it has been fired. This session can be a lot shorter – unless of course you fancy sampling the famous smoke firing experience!
One to Two Ceramic Experiences
I am happy to discuss your creative adventure with you. I charge £15/hour per person for a One to Two session, and that includes all materials, firings and refreshments. These sessions can be entirely tailored around the experience you are looking for and the object you are looking to create.
Life casting workshops
- Learn how to make a plaster life cast of your partner or friend. The cost is £35/hour plus materials.
- Or commission me to make a plaster cast of you.
- Introduction to plaster casting. You can see an example of a life casting workshop if you follow this link https://annakeiller.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/life-casting-classes/
Visit my diary and booking page for more information and to book
Please email me here if you would like to discuss a group booking or if you would like to sign up or be added to my mailing list.